Hey guys… a little more Tech Talk w/TK.
As a new iPhone 12 Pro user, you may be wondering (I know I was), what’s all the fuss about Mag-Safe charging all about? Isn’t it just another wireless charger? Well, it is and it isn’t.
What we’re looking at today is an example of a new Mag-Safe 15W wireless charger by Hoidokly. Those of you who know me know I love my wireless chargers. I have them everywhere! Unfortunately, while wireless chargers can be super convenient, they can be a bit finicky at times. You drop your phone down, and if you don’t place it quite right, no charge for you! That is where the new Mag-Safe chargers come in. Now when you drop your phone down, the chargers snap into the right position, ensuring a solid connection and successful charge. No more guessing, did I hit it right?
The 15W Wireless charger by Hoidokly does just that. I was intrigued by the sleek square form, shiny black color, and integrated kickstand. So I gave it a whirl. Here is what I found:
• Charger snaps securely in place on my iPhone 12 Pro
• It utilizes the USB C connection to help optimize charging performance
• When connected to a good charging brick, like the Anker Nano 20W USB C, it charges faster than the basic Apple charger.
• The kickstand allows you to raise your phone in a portrait mode for viewing while charging.
• No charging brick provided. Why not provide a charging brick to ensure peak performance from the device?
• A little pricey- At ~$26, having to BYOB (Bring-Your-Own-Brick) makes it a little pricey vs some competitors
• The kickstand is just a metal piece that wedges into the back. While it stores magnetically, I would have loved to see it connected and able to fold out. I can definitely see it getting lost over time.
Overall, while the Hoidokly 15W charger is a pretty cool Mag-Safe wireless charging option, it’s not as cool as I thought it would be. 😊
Included below is a link to where you can find it.